SAN FRANCISCO, October 6, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The World digital rights management in the media and entertainment market should to reach $ 6.12 billion by 2028, with a CAGR of 16.5% from 2021 to 2028, according to new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The rapid growth of digital media and internet connectivity on a global scale has created immense opportunities for content publishers and content distribution partners to develop their creative media content. However, with the rise of digital technologies, digital piracy and illegal content distribution have increased dramatically, negatively affecting monetization opportunities for content distributors and content owners. These challenges force content owners to research and exercise control over unauthorized access and distribution of content.
Main lessons and findings:
- Video on demand applications segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growing demand for high definition and ultra-high definition video content among users as well as increasing distribution of OTT and streaming services are contributing to the growth of the segment.
- The demand for DRM solutions among SMBs is expected to increase at a higher CAGR than large enterprises during the forecast period. The increase in the number of independent content providers and small-scale content developers requiring industry-standard DRM solutions to secure their innovative and copyrighted content can be attributed to the growth of the segment.
- The growing digital infrastructure in the countries of Asia Pacific region and the presence of several communication service providers offering low-cost digital mobile services has resulted in an increase in the consumption of digital media among consumers. The Asia Pacific the regional market is expected to develop at a promising CAGR during the forecast period
Read the 100-page market research report, “Digital Rights Management In Media & Entertainment Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Application (Mobile Content, Video On Demand, Mobile Games And Apps), By Company Size, By Region and segment forecast, 2021-2028“, by Grand View Research
Over the past few years, the demand for digital rights management (DRM) solutions has grown in importance among content owners and content distribution service providers as DRM secures real-time streaming services over the past few years. unsecured networks. DRM solutions also provide secure distribution of multimedia content while maintaining the authentication and confidentiality rights of content owners. The persistent protection offered is also influencing many streaming service providers to adopt DRM solutions.
In addition, the growing awareness of digital piracy among users is driving the adoption of DRM solutions globally. Several governments around the world are looking for ways to establish strict standards and policies to prevent digital piracy. For example, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, passed in 1998, still helps content developers, content acquirers, and content distributors secure their content and criminalize the distribution of content intended to bypass content access control. protected by copyright. The growing number of such standards and the growing awareness of content privacy and digital piracy are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global digital rights management in the media and entertainment market on the basis of application, company size, and region:
- DRM in Multimedia and Entertainment Applications Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Mobile content
- Video on demand (VoD)
- Games and mobile apps
- DRM in Media & Entertainment Company Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- DRM in Regional Media and Entertainment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
List of key players in digital rights management (DRM) in the media and entertainment market
- Apple Inc.
- Bitmovin Inc.
- Buy DRM Inc.
- EditionGuard LLC
- Google (Widevine)
- Intertrust Technologies Corporation
- Kudel SKI SA (Nagra)
Discover other studies related to digital and cyber threats, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Threat Intelligence Marketplace – The size of the global threat intelligence market has been estimated to be $ 3.02 billion in 2016. The use of intelligence is increasingly becoming a strategic imperative among organizations to understand threats based on available data points, which can propel industry growth over the forecast period .
- Cyber security market – The size of the global cybersecurity market has been estimated to be $ 167.13 billion in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of 10.9% from 2021 to 2028. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing sophistication of cyber attacks.
- Zero Trust Security Market – The size of the global zero-trust security market has been estimated to be $ 19.8 billion in 2020 and is expected to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.2% from 2021 to 2028. The proliferation of devices, coupled with the increasing adoption of cloud technology, has triggered the need to implement a framework zero trust security.
Browse Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global digital media industry
Go to Grand View Compass, our intuitive BI-enabled market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a United States-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated and personalized research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and headquartered at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
The Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.